Sex Advice

Dear Dr. Locker: What can I do if it takes me too long to ejaculate?

Answer from Dr. Locker

If you are having sex, and you are having trouble ejaculating, then you can choose to stop having sex without ejaculating. Or if you ejaculate more easily in ways other than intercourse, then you can stop having intercourse and ejaculate another way. If you almost always have a difficult time ejaculating, then you may want to get to the bottom of the issue. It could be a physical problem, including an indication of a serious medical condition. So you should see a doctor. Delayed ejaculation is also common with people who are drunk or on drugs, OR prescription medication could also be the culprit, so you can ask your doctor about that, too. Also, it could be something else, such as that you are so used to the way that you ejaculate during masturbation that you can not do it any other way. It could be a psychological issue, like if you learned that sex is sinful and you feel guilt. and shame over it, or if you had a traumatic experience associated with sex, or even if you are unhappy with your partner. You should see a sex therapist to work out those issues.

Copyright © Dr. Sari Locker